Our Family Cares
Our family business, The Morgan Group of Companies, has been providing residential care in Conception Bay South for more than 50 years. We are proud to have played a role in enriching and celebrating life with so many people. It is truly an honor to be caregivers, homemakers, and family to our residents – and we wouldn’t have it any other way. We are a family of compassionate individuals who practice honest and ethical leadership and management. We provide our residents with person-centered, high quality, safe, and compassionate care while promoting quality of life, dignity, and independence. We are committed to serving our residents, their families, our staff, our volunteers, and our community through the continual improvement of our services.
Allison V. Granter MN, RN
Allison Granter (Morgan) is a passionate caregiver who grew up in the Morgan Group family business and witnessed first-hand how health outcomes are dramatically improved by focusing on the unique personal qualities of the individual. She is a Registered Nurse who has a proven history in healthcare and has cared for her patients and residents with a combination of confidence, expertise, accountability and best practice. Allison brings over a decade of hands-on and healthcare management experience to Heritage Square and her personal and empathetic approach ensures that every resident feels understood, not only for his or her personal care needs, but also for who they are as people.
To create an innovative, caring community environment which values and fosters the worth and lifestyle of all of our residents, their families, our staff, and our volunteers.
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR RESIDENTS
Each Resident in our home…
- Will be encouraged to remain as independent as possible and will be treated with courtesy, respect and dignity
- Will be provided care without discrimination and encouraged to exercise the rights of a citizen
- Will be protected from abuse and neglect
- Will be provided with a safe, clean, and supportive environment
- Will have access to programs and opportunities to meet physical, spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual needs
- Will have the right to keep and display personal possessions, pictures and furnishings in his or her room, subject to the safety requirements and the rights of other residents
- Will have the right to privacy and to communicate in confidence, receive visitors of his or her choice and consult in private with any person without interference
- Will have the right to be informed on who is responsible for and who is providing his or her direct care
- Will have his/her medical care needs and treatment explained in easily understood terms and will be supported in the right to have input into decisions that affect quality of life
- Can refuse medical treatment and medications and will be informed of the consequences of doing so
- Will have the right to have his/her lifestyle choices respected
- Will not be transferred within our home or to another location without prior knowledge and agreement
- Will have the right to be informed in writing of any law, rule or policy affecting services provided, including charges for services provided at an additional cost and the procedures for initiating complaints
- Can manage his/her own financial affairs, or can designate another person to do so
- Will have his/her personal health information kept confidential and may access his/her records of personal health information including their plan of care in accordance with legislation
- Can form friendships and enjoy relationships with people of his/her choosing
- Can establish and participate in resident organizations and can express concerns, comments and suggestions to staff members, administration, or any authority without fear of reprisal